-
January 14th, 2009, 12:42 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
The Board Lives?
Stupid hostboard. It's been weeks since regular access was possible. Even after they changed over, it still wasn't stable. I think we're finally back up and running. Perhaps now we'll have a resurgence to the board's former great glory.
-
January 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Re: The Board Lives?
I'm not sure what the board looked like before but I will say it is more beautiful now that I am around! Hi!
-
January 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Re: The Board Lives?
Conflux is going to be the best set since Planar Chaos.
-
January 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
Re: The Board Lives?
Welcome Jil!
I am quite interested in Conflux. The new green morphling seems pretty badass.
-
January 14th, 2009, 11:41 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Re: The Board Lives?
Thanks Aaron! Hello Abe!
Brandon and I have been watching conflux closely and studying the spoilers to prepare for the pre-release stuff. There are a lot of options with this new set and we are excited. Is the play group planning on attending a pre-release up in Michigan?
We have not decided yet where to play.
In honor of Aaron (and Abe's?
) sock trick, I know that I will bring a fresh pair of brand new clean socks to swap into at the halfway point in case things go well.
-
January 15th, 2009, 09:56 AM
#6
HB Forum Owner
-
January 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Re: The Board Lives?
hehe - I would say those cards are more practical than "cute".
The devour ability is such a great thing. It is one of the things that I am most excited about utilizing. It just gives great cards a little extra umpf - like a push up bra for improving an already decent creature.
This ability should make for some interesting one on one play during the pre-release draft. What do you think of it?
-
January 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM
#8
HB Forum Owner
Re: The Board Lives?
Devour scares me. It seems like putting all your eggs in one basket. You devour away all your critters and then someone terrors the one little (well not so much) guy you have left 
It guess its ability to be awesome in draft or at the prerelease will all hinge on the amount of removal in the format. I know there's already a pretty bad ass sword variant.
-
January 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Re: The Board Lives?
[QUOTE=kerbythepurplecow;1500850]Devour scares me. It seems like putting all your eggs in one basket. You devour away all your critters and then someone terrors the one little (well not so much) guy you have left 
True.
It seems like a risk worth taking only after considering opponent's hand size, untapped mana board, position and so on. I think the creature that devours would have to be able to gain haste so it could be used immediately. Waiting to swing with a creature that has gotten a devour pump would be waiting for someone to remove that creature.
If I were playing with devour creatures, I would want to play them with cards that would allow me to tap out the opponent's creatures. Allowing a clear path would seem like the best way to make good use of a pumped creature.
I'm surprised Abe hasn't written on here about the new set?
-
January 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
#10
HB Forum Owner
Re: The Board Lives?
Since devour was introduced in Shards, they're spicing it up in Conflux. There's creatures that do things in accordance with the devour. Like one that deals damage equal to the number of creatures devoured (or something like that). That makes it a bit less risky. Or at least easier to take the risk.
Abe usually avoids spoilers that aren't on the official wizards site. That and the board was pretty dead for a while and then hostboard was down, so he's probably not used to visiting as frequently
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks